Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: YouTube Show My Friends and I Were Working On

He's the black guy.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. Little confused by that question, my nick here and nick there are the same. Besides adding "The Great..."

3. He's Canadian. He probably thinks this is a hockey show.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. I think you might need to narrow your focus quite a bit while you build an audience, then branch out once you have a following. Consistency and repetition seem to help with things like this as well. Meaning whatever you do, do it on a very regular schedule and keep it like that for as long as you can.

5. Well we've been consistently putting shows out every Tuesday, and every show does have a different topic.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Daitokuji View Post
    Little confused by that question, my nick here and nick there are the same. Besides adding "The Great..."
    Jesus Christ, I just made a YouTube comment.

(I, for some reason, missed the title cards.)

Edit: For some reason you remind me of Just Blaze. Anyway, I don't mind this show! It's good!
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 06 Jul 2014 at 10:56 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Daitokuji View Post
    So we've been doing this show for about a year now and I'd really like to know what you guys think. Still trying to find out how to get a following so any thoughts or criticisms would be nice.
    Your intro is too long, open the show with the topic you're talking about, tease the audience on whats going to be talked about, then move into a shorter intro.

Try go to 16x9 at least if you can't go HD.

You have a multicam set up, thats great. use the multiple camera angles and take your "live to tape" into an edit bay and cut it down, speed up the conversation. Its sadly been proven that speaking at about 220 words per minute, and tons of fast cuts actually improves watch time and interaction. people are ADD watching this stuff, its youtube.

Don't use your cast as the thumbnail, show the video games you're talking about. Thumbnails are the absolutely MOST important thing to have next to a good title. Your video gets clicked by having an attractive thumbnail.

Your tags are absolutely lacking. The youtube algorithm will not pick your video to suggest and feature without good tags. The last video, use "nintendo entertainment system" VS just NES. Tag "Shinobi" since you talked about it. HELL, Titanfall is HUGE right now for video game video consumption, and you used it a lot in your BROLLS and talking about it, why isnt it tagged?

Don't be discouraged by views numbers, the algorithm cares about "minutes watched." If people are watching a lot of your videos at once, or watching a lot of a long video, it will suggest you more.

Let me know and I can give you some useful tips, I've been working the platform for over a year now.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

Hi B-Ri. I'm glad you're not dead.

9. He's not dead, just the Vita.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. Thanks for the suggestions B-Ri, I would have replied long ago, but I just remembered my password after the site logged me out. If you have been watching we are making some improvements and hopefully we'll get some more views.

check out the website we've been working on
    http://culturejunkies.net