Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Hometown

Show Us Your Hometown

Most of the replies of the city skyline thread had people showing where they live which was cool. And I enjoyed looking at the "post pics of your hometown" thread at Sega 16.

Hopefully this will get some good participation at TNL. What does your hometown look like?

Science World - The golf ball looking part is an Omnimax theatre.

Vancouver Public Library

The north side is surrounded by mountains. Thankfully snow almost always stays there where it belongs and doesn't show up on city streets.

The Laughing Man statues near Stanley Park creep me out.

H.R. MacMillan Space Centre - I always liked the robo crab.

I'm fond of the Richmond Night Market, the largest of its kind in NA. It has all sorts of Asian and fusion food. I never did try the Chinese churros.

Much of the city is nice and clean but the DTES (Downtown East Side) is a druggie wasteland. This picture of Hastings Street cracks me up as it looks straight out of a Capcom game.

The area I have lived in the most is a wooded piece of suburbia called Burnaby Mountain. This is the park on top of it beside Horizons restaurant, one of the first businesses Nintendo opened outside of Japan in the early '80s.

Part of my train route to work -

2. You win.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Yeah, seriously. But I'll try to gather some pics up and post them in shame.

4. I think I'll spend a half hour this weekend taking pictures of the two, main features of my town: pizzerias and "Irish" bars.

This thread has potential. I'll try to get some pictures next time I'm out and about.

6. Annapolis has some neat places that I've become jaded to by growing up here. When I get home I'll try to find some stuff.

7. For $5 a hobo gave me a tour of all the places Benjamin Franlkin nailed fly bitches.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Is this a thread for custom pics? I haven't been to my hometown since I was like 3. I was a Navy brat.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

No, I just grabbed pics from Google.

10. Cool, I'll add some tonight
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert