• No. I only have internet

13 59.09%
  • No. I have DVR and skip them.

5 22.73%
  • Yes.

4 18.18%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Still Watch Commercials?

1. I haven't had cable since I moved out. Once a year I visit my parents and assault myself with television so I can realize just how good I have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I would fuck nearly all incarnations of Tinkerbell.

Just thought I would share.
    Agreed.

The only commercials I ever see are the ones that play during Caillou, since my daughter is obsessed with that show and they only have so much of it on Netflix. The commercials are either aimed at 2 year olds or their mothers (because obviously no fathers spend time with their daughters) so it's not really very effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    I haven't had cable since I moved out. Once a year I visit my parents and assault myself with television so I can realize just how good I have it.
    Same. And it is all.so bad.

5. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    The only commercials I ever see are the ones that play during Caillou, since my daughter is obsessed with that show and they only have so much of it on Netflix. The commercials are either aimed at 2 year olds or their mothers (because obviously no fathers spend time with their daughters) so it's not really very effective.
    That's why I like Disney Junior. No commercials.

6. Tons of restaurants shovel TV down your throat, you'll end up catching them out of the corner of your eye if you want to or not.

I mostly don't see banner ads (thanks Ghostery/Adblock!), and most of my TV watchin' is done through Amazon Prime (or thumb drives), but I do go see the occasional theater movie and have to watch a laundry soap ad or something. Trailers probably count as ads!

Billboards/bus ads/etc are unavoidable, so marketing dollars are hitting my eyes on a daily basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. I don't know what commercials are.

Feels good, man.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

The choices are too limited, and you're missing the obligatory "I'm a fence riding pussy" option.

For me, it depends on what room I am in. In the family room, I DVR almost everything and never watch commercials. In the bedroom, I don't have a DVR, so when I am falling asleep to Pawn Stars or Finding Bigfoot, I have to watch commercials. In my office I don't even have cable hooked up to the TV (modem only). I only watch uncompressed over-the-air HD sports in here but am stuck with commercials.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 03 Feb 2014 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I would fuck nearly all incarnations of Tinkerbell.
    Mzo's hung like a fairy.

10. TV is so bad, I only watch commercials.