Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clash of Clans

1. Clash of Clans

Anyone play this?

get this shit out of here
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. I have it and I pay attention to it every so often. The thing is though that this is one of those games where no matter how careful you are about base building, defense is much harder to win than offense. You're at the mercy of how your tower's AI reacts, and the attacker has 100% control over how many troops they send, the position they spawn, and when they spawn. The game is unsurprisingly designed to make you spend money on increasing your chances of a successful defense. Not to mention the town building is really just a time sink, without any real strategic decisions or tech trees.

Building your city and defenses, anticipating how enemies might attack you, and preparing your AI city to deal with that is pretty much the high point of the game. The rest is a shameless time/money sink.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    get this shit out of here
    No.

It is a money hole for people. But if you didn't sink your money into it.... well the shit is fun.

5. Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I have it and I pay attention to it every so often. The thing is though that this is one of those games where no matter how careful you are about base building, defense is much harder to win than offense. You're at the mercy of how your tower's AI reacts, and the attacker has 100% control over how many troops they send, the position they spawn, and when they spawn. The game is unsurprisingly designed to make you spend money on increasing your chances of a successful defense. Not to mention the town building is really just a time sink, without any real strategic decisions or tech trees.

Building your city and defenses, anticipating how enemies might attack you, and preparing your AI city to deal with that is pretty much the high point of the game. The rest is a shameless time/money sink.
    The game has specific dynamics which allow the ones with $ to win.... but still it is a game that allows enjoyment to those who don't.

look at this asshole
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

7. I played to Lv 8 then gave up. Best defense strategy is to wall your defenses in four blocks and put resources in the center of those corners of death, then watch the greedy goyim run straight to the center for gold only to get hammered by the shit hawks.

I spent $20 in gems early on. It was worth it, but now I have no interest and upgrades cost too damn much at lv 8.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    look at this asshole
    Can't tell if you're talking about the guy above you or Netwurked for even posting about this. I hope a Candy Crush Saga thread is in the works.

Edit: And fuck this game's four hour long commercial forever.
    Last edited by No One; 03 Feb 2014 at 04:51 PM.

9. Well at least we can all thank Candy Crush Saga for their attempt to sue Banner Saga and all future games with Saga in the name. You know, just in case someone confuses those.