Page 51 of 105 FirstFirst ... 374749505152535565 ... LastLast

Thread: The World is Shit; It's Fucking Shit

My keyboard period key isn't working.

remap, yo.

3. The World is Shit; It's Fucking Shit

Multiculturalism still needs a shared identity. That's why it's worked here before. Italians came here, they wanted to be Americans but they also wanted to bring some things from home. Etc. If they just wanted to stay Italian it wouldn't work.

The end result of all this is that culture gets subsumed into the wider one (e.g. Little Italy in NYC today is a tourist trap with Mexicans making the food in mediocre restaurants), but I don't see how that is a bad thing. It means everyone who comes here has a place and we can all benefit from it.

This is why I find the whole "cultural appropriation" thing the SJWs are trotting out to be so abhorrent.

4. I think that's why Hollywood's American Dream mythos of anyone can make it regardless of race, religion or creed is so important and why identity poltics goes against that very nature. You should always be American first before your ethnicity or religion. Be proud of who you are, where you came from and your culture, just don't bring that shit into politics. Doing that creates classes.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Yeah, America really needs to start pushing religion out of politics. Politicians referencing god in public speeches should be frowned upon. In Canada, religion is more of a private thing, and one of the reasons multiculturalism has been successful. Even those Christian-majority cowboys in Calgary voted in a Muslim mayor. They aren't worried about him pushing a religious agenda.

6. Multiculturalism works on a superficial level. It's nice to have such a variety of food, art, music, clothing, etc., and that's exactly what you get after a couple of generations.
    There are many other aspects of culture that don't mesh so well, and that's where it's problematic.

7. There are examples of failed integration but the instances are less (in Canada I can point to the refusal of assimilation by the many of the Tamil population ).

The example reference that video uses is an old black guy standing in front of a "Show us your birth certificate" sign that's shouting an argument that diversity isn't unity. But that's fundamentally untrue – it's not like we aren't all the same species.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    Yeah, America really needs to start pushing religion out of politics. Politicians referencing god in public speeches should be frowned upon. In Canada, religion is more of a private thing, and one of the reasons multiculturalism has been successful. Even those Christian-majority cowboys in Calgary voted in a Muslim mayor. They aren't worried about him pushing a religious agenda.
    It was like that for a long time here I'm not sure what happened Other than secret racism

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Multiculturalism works on a superficial level. It's nice to have such a variety of food, art, music, clothing, etc., and that's exactly what you get after a couple of generations.
    There are many other aspects of culture that don't mesh so well, and that's where it's problematic.
    Its relative and case by case

That was the point of the ending of watchmen, etc

10. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    it's not like we aren't all the same species.
    species fluid
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt