Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: First/second week of March NYC TNL Meet up.

1. Anthony says he's coming for sure!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. I'm down, so we are trying to keep this east villagey? I mean I know some rock and roll joints there, I'm trying to think of somewhere that would be good for tnl.... I'll report back if anything jumps to mind. I think ippudo probably isn't as good as some of the stuff you get on the west coast, maybe one of the classic pizza joints? But yeah I'll be there. I can prolly house one person for a night if they want to hit me up early about it.

Edit: And Ramon is a giant liar, he will go as HARD as anyone else if it's in front of him. Bonus points for any alcohol he considers snobby.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

3. I don't think we were trying to keep it East Villagey or anything like that. I was just thinking of good places that were mostly easy to get to, specially for people from out of town who won't know the subway and shit.

We have time so anyone who knows good places definitely suggest them. I'm not in the city anywheres near as much as I used to be so I'm a little out of touch with what's awesome.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I don't think we were trying to keep it East Villagey or anything like that. I was just thinking of good places that were mostly easy to get to, specially for people from out of town who won't know the subway and shit.

We have time so anyone who knows good places definitely suggest them. I'm not in the city anywheres near as much as I used to be so I'm a little out of touch with what's awesome.
    Many people come to Williamsburg to check out Bedford Ave., but the place is full of stuffy suits and try-hard kids who think just being their makes them cool. The place has no heart anymore so I mostly avoid it.

Bushwick is sorta the same, but it still has some interesting dives and art spots. There's good food and spacious bars to spend time in.

Aside from my weekly stopover at my favorite EV bar, I don't visit Manhattan as much as before solely because it's pretty lame. Bros have taken over the whole area and they aren't fun company.

That said, I'd rather do a large meet-up at a bar first before heading anywhere to eat. Showing up with a big ass group to a restaurant doesn't always guarantee service. If you're all gonna want to stick in Manhattan, I suggest Dropoff Service or Phoenix Bar, both in Alphabet City. If Brooklyn, Alaska is roomy and so is the Levee. There are bars around the Atlantic-Barclays Center stop but they are pretty fancy and are priced as such.

If we do Hell's Kitchen there's always Rudy's. There aren't many other fun bars in the area, but there are lots of restaurants. If it's early on Sunday (like 11-12) we could go to Calle Ocho and take part of their bottomless sangria brunch.

But those are just some suggestions. I'm out of the loop with "fun" places to go. I drink at dive bars.

5. Well, I'd tend to agree with the bar then food thing, but I know I (and probably anyone else who travelled) is going to be totally starving and I'm not gonna drink before I eat, haha. So food first would be preferred with me - also I'm assuming there's going to be a few people who cant make it to the bar afterward due to work/family/etc.

I am a little concerned about the space issues (something tells me the ramen place may not be able to handle an influx of 10+ people suddenly if the ramen places there are anything like they are here in CA) but that BBQ place looks pretty spacious? I'm only looking at these online though so correct me if I'm wrong. Or we could always call ahead closer to the date and make reservations, that way we'll have a better head count.

I can't even check into my hostel until noon, so it needs to be later in the afternoon/early evening. I am not as young as I used to be and need time to adjust and freshen up and shit, lol.

Also - are you coming???????

Manhattan still has great restaurants and broadway which is increasingly disney, but all the interesting shit is pretty much in the outer boroughs. I like some spots in Manhattan but they are centered around food and the mercury lounge.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

7. Your mom's coming.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Yeah depending on how many people we are changes the venue. The BBQ place has a shit ton of space and could easily accommodate us as a larger group. I know I'm going to have to work the next day and have a long ass commute from the city so I won't be one of the ones hanging out till midnight or later any more.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

9. That's what I figured! I know a few people probably won't be able to go nuts (and I have no idea if I can even handle going out after midnight because I'm a terrible lightweight????) haha! I guess I'll find out.

I'm sure a few more people will hop on or off the date as it gets closer to March 6th, so perhaps we can revisit the particulars of the restaurant in a week or two, and make reservations if needed. Not gonna lie tho, the BBQ place is within walking distance from where I'm staying, and I haven't figured out the subway 100% yet so there's that. But obviously I realize a lot of other people are traveling too! I really don't mind if a place is semi lame, because I'm just excited to meet everyone.

10. Also, Ramon, I added you on Facebook to make potential updates and stuff a little easier.