Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I KNOW! I love her.
    I watched almost all of her videos now. I don't know about the tingling thing, but I'm freaked out because on one hand I'm attracted to her and on the other her unnatural behavior is robot like and frightening.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. All these videos do is infuriate me with wet mouth sounds and pops.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I watched almost all of her videos now. I don't know about the tingling thing, but I'm freaked out because on one hand I'm attracted to her and on the other her unnatural behavior is robot like and frightening.
    I find this really soothing for some reason! However sometimes you'll catch these glimpses of a strange sense of humor from her like when she flubs a line or forgets a word. I wish she would come to my house and give me a scalp massage
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

4. So those videos didn't, but I realize songs do this to me. Tom Petty's American Girl and the 1:10 mark of this live version of Breakdown when the audience sings an entire verse perfectly complete with back-ups sends chills down my arms and back.

Last edited by Doc Holliday; 30 May 2016 at 04:51 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. I totally hate to burst your bubble but the goosebumps that occur when listening to good music is actually a totally different response! It's similar but produced by different things in the brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

This is akin to binnarul beats and sounds that reenact drugs, you really need to use earbuds and be totally relaxed for it to work. Actually the power of suggestion and mass hysteria or peer to peer litmus tests really short the many mysteries of the brain. When people say they are going to heaven and see bright light that's just the brain losing oxygen creating the floating and white lights.

7. Damn. I guess I'm dead inside to the other response.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I totally hate to burst your bubble but the goosebumps that occur when listening to good music is actually a totally different response! It's similar but produced by different things in the brain.
    Called "being human" imo

All the things we react to in movies are actually music cues.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    my arms and back.

10. I must have missed this thread initially. The scalp video was strangely pleasant, but it was the toy food video that illicited a reaction. That reaction was completely losing my shit. Around the time the egg was introduced, I was hit with an uncontrollable fit of laughter. It was that laugh you get when you're high and you're smiling for so long that your face hurts. Tears in my eyes, couldn't catch my breath long enough to explain to my wife what I was laughing at. And even if I could have explained what I was laughing at, I couldn't have explained what I was laughing at.

It didn't work the second time