Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Logan

1. This didn't feel like a comic book movie, and I mean that as a high compliment.

I thought the villain was quite good (the reaver guy), he did exactly what he was supposed to for his genre, which is western I suppose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

2. It was very much a western, it even had Caliban standing in as the town coward who fucks everything up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. I WANT TO SEE THIS SO BAD...
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    This didn't feel like a comic book movie, and I mean that as a high compliment.

I thought the villain was quite good (the reaver guy), he did exactly what he was supposed to for his genre, which is western I suppose?
    Actually, I thought all the bad guys were typical, cliched, disposable villains...evil just for the sake of being evil. But they weren't annoying and they served their purpose in driving the story forward, so whatever. The main story revolved around Logan, Charles and Laura, and that part worked well enough.

BTW, I love how Days of Future Past erased all the nonsense from Last Stand and finally gave us a happy ending for the X-Men...then this movie comes along and it's bleaker than ever. I mean, that "unspeakable" thing Xavier did in Westchester when he accidentally killed the X-Men during one of his seizures...that was pretty heartbreaking.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 08 Mar 2017 at 12:17 AM.

5. Pierce didn't really amount to a whole lot in the end, but he nailed it with the main thing a villain needs: Presence.

Still, yeah, would have been nice to see him smack a plotline-injured Wolvie around a bit or catch an X-23 attack by the heel and fling her away or something, to establish something more of a physical threat from him.

Also, kinda love that X-24 was basically a way to work Albert in here. Them comic book deep cuts.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 07 Mar 2017 at 10:04 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Actually, I thought all the bad guys were typical, cliched, disposable villains...evil just for the sake of being evil. But they weren't annoying and they served their purpose in driving the story forward, so whatever. The main story revolved around Logan, Charles and Laura, and that part worked well enough.

BTW, I love how Days of Future Past erased all the nonsense from Last Stand and finally gave us a happy ending for the X-Men...then this movie comes along and it's bleaker than ever. I mean, that "unspeakable" thing Xavier did in Westchester when he accidentally killed the X-Men during one of his seizures...that was pretty heartbreaking.
    Perhaps I didn't mind him because he wasn't given undue amount of screentime for his role? Like you said his point was to drive the story, but the story was in no way about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. It's a very good movie, and I tend to dismiss comic book movies as disposable, but like others have said, it doesn't follow the typical structure.

It is grim and depressing in an existential and self-reflective way. There's some contrivances to establish a setting where the emotional impact can be had, which cools me on the movie some in retrospect, but the emotional responses were had nonetheless...which is a lot more than most movies can claim. Despite not having blockbuster set-pieces, it's also a very good-looking movie. Lot of detail to absorb and a believably lived-in world.

Casting was good, X-23 was perfect. Granted, her mutedness protected us from child-acting moments for most the movie (which were readily apparent with the other kid actors, especially at the end of the film). It was hard not to see Stephen Merchant as himself for about half the movie, but, I doubt most would have that issue.

I don't love excessive violence or cruelty, but I thought all the action here was appropriate and on point.

Started out strong. First half was best. Kind of middle of the road after more child actors. I don't know if I like the implications the story has on the franchise but xmen movies seem to be more and more one off deals that don't connect together so whatever.

9. Interesting, I could not give a shit what this meant for the franchise story.

10. I saw this last night with friends, all 4 of us walked out baffled by the praise this is getting. Yeah I'll give you the acting is solid, but outside of that we all found it pretty meh. The middle gets boring as shit. There was no need for this to be the length it was.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.