Page 61 of 968 FirstFirst ... 475759606162636575 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    It's not hyperbole though. There are a lot of conservatives that beleive that all the demo talking points are A Evil or B conspiracies to get A.
    On the rare occasions that I get back home, I hear comments from a lot of dyed in the wool Republicans that make me cringe. But none have expressed an opinion that global warming is a conspiracy to promote butt sex. This instinctive need to be so over the top isn't doing your side any favors.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

You're right. It is less specific than that. It's a generic vague idea of us vs them. It's a conspiracy to get them. Specifically them.

3. If you're going to make such outrageous claims, specificity would serve you well.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

4. Only the meek get pinched, the bold survive.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    If you're going to make such outrageous claims, specificity would serve you well.
    I can't help it if you have an underdeveloped sense of humor. Were you raised in the northeast?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    25 to 55% of the country is just mean and wrong on every issue.
    I know those numbers are just plucked out of the ether but I wouldn't disagree on the point. That doesn't, however, mean that those same people are irrational. People can be reasoned with. You just need to find out who is worth your time to talk to and you have to know how to talk to them in a way that isn't shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    That was a satisfing post. Too bad your party isn't that rational.
    I'm guessing you're making a determination about me because I dislike Republicans in the highest offices so much. [pepe icon]

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I can't help it if you have an underdeveloped sense of humor. Were you raised in the northeast?
    I was. My sense of humor is, perhaps, overdeveloped. I see a therapist about my inappropriate jokes because my wife is worried about it. Heh.

EDIT: Also, write to your federal and state reps on this, especially if they are Democrats: https://www.cruz.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=2940
    Last edited by Calliander; 15 Jan 2017 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    People can be reasoned with.
    I don't know man. I think a lot of this stuff is at the point of brainwashing. That it is ingrained. That the leaders of their team have said it over and over. Their dads say it over and over. Their bosses say it over and over. Their preacher and other religious leaders say it over and over. For many in this group, these were not thoughts constructed, but given as rules of the land.

The right holds our armed forces up as a golden mighty angel. The brightest of gold plated cattle. And the flag stands for them, and their jesus like sacrifice. And if you burn the flag or step on it, you should be beaten to death.

But our navy is worried about climate change.

And no one on that side listens. Not to their golden mighty angels.

Why is that? Brainwashing.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    But our navy is worried about climate change.
    For five more days. These priorities change with each administration.

9. You'll enjoy this, Cheeks. I've seen people posting that stupid "guy doesn't know the ACA and Obamacare are the same thing" image but I didn't think it was a real problem.

No joke: Ten (so far) people I know read the article about the vote to repeal and replace, and are upset they will lose their ACA plan.

One of them is an uncle so I think at the next get together I'm going to be like, "What did you think the difference between the two was?"

ACA gives you somewhat reasonably priced insurance, while Obamacare takes your hard earned tax dollars and gives it to niggers and spics. Maybe even muslims. Duh.