Page 213 of 968 FirstFirst ... 199209211212213214215217227 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Russia is yesterday's news. Obstruction and abuse of power are far easier to prove.
    Hey, whatever works.

2. It's "counsel," idiot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Hey, whatever works.
    It won't work though. Not unless one of his associates rolls up on him for immunity or something. The russian allegations are very hard to prove decisively. The abuse of power thing is low-hanging fruit.

Everyone thinks if they dig long enough there will be some smoking gun of Trump talking about the hacking or something, and I really doubt it's there. I wouldn't be shocked if they found him taking money he shouldn't have, but even then there's a much easier kill shot.

4. Right. If they can prove he fired Comey to put the brakes on the investigation - which shouldn't be too hard, since he admitted it to Lester Holt on national television - then it's an impeachable offense even if there really is nothing to the Russia matter worth investigating. The catch is, right now the Republicans call the shots, and by the look of things they aren't willing to turn on him over Comey - the investigators actually ARE going to have to conclusively prove collusion with Russia before Ryan and McConnell decide he's not worth protecting, the law (and their own side's high-minded rhetoric during the Clinton impeachment) be damned. Of course, it's always possible the rank and file could notice the cliff they're being driven toward and oust them in favor of leaders willing to put country over party (which will ultimately serve the party much better than their current course anyway).

Of course, that could all end up being moot anyway if those crazy RICO rumors pan out...

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

5. Re: Trump admitting he fired Comey because of the investigation.

Didn't he only say he considered the investigation, and that his concern was that Comey wasn't the right guy to carry it out? I know it's splitting hairs because of course he fired Comey with the intent of appointing someone to stop/flub/otherwise ruin the investigation. But still.

6. I think assuming he won't get impeached presupposes that isn't exactly what the GOP wants. And I'd take Trump over Pence or Ryan any day.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

7. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Re: Trump admitting he fired Comey because of the investigation.

Didn't he only say he considered the investigation, and that his concern was that Comey wasn't the right guy to carry it out? I know it's splitting hairs because of course he fired Comey with the intent of appointing someone to stop/flub/otherwise ruin the investigation. But still.
    The mere contradicting of his own stated rationale before and after could be enough to get to abuse of power given the circumstances. But let's face it: any impeachment will be political, and the facts only matter so much.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    It won't work though. Not unless one of his associates rolls up on him for immunity or something. The russian allegations are very hard to prove decisively. The abuse of power thing is low-hanging fruit.

Everyone thinks if they dig long enough there will be some smoking gun of Trump talking about the hacking or something, and I really doubt it's there. I wouldn't be shocked if they found him taking money he shouldn't have, but even then there's a much easier kill shot.
    You misunderstand. When I said "hey, whatever works," I was meant that impeachment for obstruction of justice is just fine in my book as well.

9. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt