Page 65 of 968 FirstFirst ... 516163646566676979 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Once you stop looking at it like there are different teams you might really figure out a thing or two.
    Don't get me wrong - I understand the 'your side does it so ours is okay/justified' is a bullshit excuse too.

Bad people are bad people, regardless of political affiliation. The whole 'our side is the only right side' thing is bogus. I just saw cheeks' posting of how All-Encompassing Evil the right is, and wanted to demonstrate that no, not really. Awful people are everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

That some of that new math? I'll take the bag of apples with one turd in it and you can have the sack of cow shit.

3. Conservatives aren't evil, they just want to provide quotes for future children to be shocked or laugh at.

"They thought slavery was a thing"
    "They didn't think women should vote?"
    Last edited by AstroBlue; 17 Jan 2017 at 01:59 PM.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

4. But that is only regarding social conservatives. Economics is right/wrong either way, it's just really a choice of do you want to help the unfortunate but also help the lazy, or fuck over the lazy and take the unfortunate with you as collateral. The real problem is that we should be critical of any policy a party provides, using facts and our beliefs.
    Last edited by AstroBlue; 17 Jan 2017 at 01:58 PM.

5. Do you understand Hillary was more socially conservative than Trump? Well, maybe that's not accurate. But, they both equally tried to guilt their chosen demographics into voting for them on the premise the other demographics were out to get them.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. Yup.

They weren't wrong. Who did you want to terrorize tokyo? Gigan OR king ghidorah?

8. Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue View Post
    The real problem is that we should be critical of any policy a party provides, using facts and our beliefs.
    A party policy I could get behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Once you stop looking at it like there are different teams you might really figure out a thing or two.
    So the choice between the side with the hypocrisy you can live with and the other side actively working to make Mad Max a documentary of the future is illusory, and they're all the same team? Because I'm thinking there might be a slight difference there.

10. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    So the choice between the side with the hypocrisy you can live with and the other side actively working to make Mad Max a documentary of the future is illusory, and they're all the same team? Because I'm thinking there might be a slight difference there.
    You have to understand that, to the neophytes, it wasn't a choice like that. It was a hope that putting the "Mad Max documentary of the future" in power was going to break things.

To use what Cheeks said, they not only didn't bother taking either bag, they also lit a small fire they hope will burn down the entire farm.

The fire has already been extinguished and nothing is or will be broken how they hope but that's the way of things. Over the next few years they'll realize that our political system can weather some serious storms without being any worse for the wear and then they'll either fall into "lesser of two evils" voting or not caring at all.