Page 11 of 90 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biden Presidency

1. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    As long as a real viable cure does happen then to me it's whatever. This pandemic has turned a lot of people into idiots.

Edit:

I mean let's be real here. Obama got one for.... nothing? Why not Trump? lol
    Last edited by BonusKun; 09 Sep 2020 at 07:57 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. How do you recognize a foundation myth? It fulfills three functions.
    1. It explains the origin and structure of the world (and society).
    2. It defines ultimate good and evil (and from those definitions are derived the values that are used to justify the holding of power).
    3. It determines what is held sacred in that society.

For modern Westerners the story of WWII has become their foundation myth. It fulfills all three functions.
    1. We live in the ‘Post-War World’. The lines on the map, the institutions, the sense of what era we live in, all arise from the starting point of WWII.
    2. Ultimate evil is Nazis. Ultimate good is opposing Nazis. The values derived from these definitions are anti-racism, equality, diversity, anti-nationalism and so on.
    3. The only thing that is held sacred, that cannot be denied or mocked in the contemporary West, is the Holocaust.

The problem is that all three functions are backwards or negative.

Instead of the origin event being one of fertility and new life, it was a conflagration of death and destruction.

Instead of ultimate good taking the central position in the story that slot is occupied by ultimate evil. Everyone knows that Adolf Hitler, the personification of evil, holds the centre point of the WWII story.

Instead of that which is held sacred being something mysterious and sublime, it is an obscenity.

Having a negative foundation myth means the tree of life for Westerners is poisoned.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 15 Sep 2020 at 10:37 AM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Lotta salt flowing on the intranets today.

5. RGB is our Franz Ferdinand.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. On twitter.

In real life, not so much. She'll be replaced in a month and democrats will do the same thing they dis in 2016.

Nothing.

7. She could have retired five years ago and made way for another liberal justice, but she didn't.
    Obama could have pushed through an appointment in 2016, but he didn't.
    I think the Democrats just like losing.

8. Her ego was too much for her.

Trying to understand where we got here:

A) Dems started this with lower judges in 2013 https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-acti...ll-regret-this
    B) and Lindsey Graham warned about it in 2016 https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/statu...82094851272704

9. No person should be on the supreme court after 80 years old.

10. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    No person should be on the supreme court after 80 years old.
    I really agree with this. This person should have just retired and lived the rest of her life doing something else. All I really see is someone holding onto power for no reason.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL