Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 212141516

Thread: Ke$ha

1. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. https://youtu.be/JC9FA8lZRy8
    What a lil cutie
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

3. She’s trying too hard, but I still like it.

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Hey I like this song of hers
    https://youtu.be/W1tzURKYFNs
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

5. agree that nowadays songs is meaningless, sometimes I don't even know what I am listening. I love 90s songs more than these. at least it's romantic and less sexual than the present lol friv
    Last edited by Leola Mayert; 22 Feb 2020 at 06:36 AM.

6. I still like that Miley song.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    She’s trying too hard, but I still like pure kana it.

I like how all the conservative people get their panties twisted. I'm not a particular fan of Miley but I like how she is offensive and challenges one's opinions. That creates discussion and discussion is what drives us apes for better understanding of each others.
    Last edited by Tom Conway; 31 Mar 2020 at 07:37 AM.

8. Is that a real person bumping my Miley thread?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

10. Olivia Rodrigo is carrying the torch of Ke$ha and Billie and other young girl pop stars who are writing their own music and not some studio goons giving it to her.

This song is not anything new; it's a boiler plate "break-up" ballad. But at eighteen, she wrote it, she sings it with conviction, with the soul and energy or Tina Turner, and she does something very rare. Rather than neutering the song in the bridge, she amplifies it. She gives us the emotional break-down we come into this song expecting. The video adds to it perfectly, as we watch her fall to the ground and the visuals get distorted and she starts dropping f-bombs. In classic story structure, this is "the dark knight of the soul" where the protagonist's weakness collapse in on them ...and that is exactly what she gives us. And it's beautiful. From there our hero may learn from thier mistakes and we get a comedy ...or they don't and we get a tragedy. this is a tragedy. She doesn't change. And in the video and live performances, we see her dead eye stare that plays like a fucking horror film. It's art.

Have others done it before? Yes. Did they do it better? Maybe. Probably. I don't know and it doesn't matter. This is new music in 2021 and Olivia knocks a home run right out of the fucking ballpark.

Enjoy.